There are significant benefits from the many image enhancing results a managed workwear program can produce, as noted by Theodore Levitt (a Harvard Business School marketing professor). Foremost among those results is the ability to project a professional image and effectively promote a company brand, says Adam Soreff, Director of Marketing at UniFirst.
While a national survey conducted by J.D. Power and Associates for the textile service industry found that wearing uniforms can translate into real bottom line benefits for those companies choosing a managed uniform program for their employees, these benefits are significantly more when brand identity is fostered.
The importance of a brand identity is immense. Brand identity, i.e. all the visual elements of a brand, as perceived by the consumer, includes the design, symbols and colours that combine together to create a recognisable brand image.
In particular, use of company identification on uniforms, such as by use of logos, has particular benefits. The main ones are:
- Promote your company or brand. When employees wear uniforms displaying corporate logos and colours, they help brand and differentiate their business in the markets they serve. Having a workforce that is neatly dressed in company clothing will create an environment that operates around company values.
- Free advertising. Well designed work uniforms with clear branding such as logos, when worn in public become “walking billboards,” promoting a company’s products and services “for free.”
- Foster team spirit. Work uniforms promote a sense of team spirit and a sense of belonging. This, in turn, can improve worker productivity. Branded uniforms unite your team. Whether the company is actually participating in a team sport as a company or it’s just creating a more united front, the use of carefully branded apparel will give everyone something in common.
- Improve customer relationships. Work uniforms, especially when branded, assist customers to immediately identify company representatives who can be approached for purchasing information, thereby improving overall customer service.
- Promote company pride. Branded uniforms help instill a sense of pride and responsibility and can convert employees into “brand ambassadors” outside the actual workplace.
- It Makes a Great Giveaway. Branded apparel is a giveaway that will get a lot more use. Design a shirt or hat with some flair and customers will be excited to wear the item and spread the word about your company. Give shirts and hats to employees for use on the job, provide it for casual wear on the weekend, or give it out to your customers. Anywhere your apparel goes, the word about the company will spread as well.
There are many ways of branding your company, but certainly one of the most effective ways is to use logos on your uniforms. Have a chat with Jon Monsir uniforms today! firstname.lastname@example.org